The Fort Borst Blockhouse was built in 1856 by soldiers during the Indian Wars to store grain to be used for troops. It was only used by the military for a few months, then Joseph Borst bought it and used it as a granary. It was also used as a storehouse for grain brought down the Chehalis River by traders on their way to New Market (now Tumwater). It was originally located near a ferry landing on the Chehalis River but was moved due to flooding. It has stood in it's present location since 1922. Fort Borst Park, Centralia, Washington.